If your group is applying to the Big Lottery Fund's (BIG) People
and Places programme, we can help you to develop a better bid and
deliver a successful project.
TheBetter Bidsteam is part of Wales Council for Voluntary
Action, (WCVA), the umbrella body that supports Wales' 30,000
charities and voluntary groups. WCVA has been awarded a contract by
BIG to provide a free, accessible and bilingual service to help
applicants develop their applications to the People and Places
Our service includes:
- A free, bilingual Helpline -0800 999 2829, offering unlimited
- Email support - we can provide information and guidance on a
host of subjects, including referrals to specialist agencies if
required - email@example.com
- Face to face support from a dedicated support officer, who will
work with you on your bid. There may be particular areas you need
assistance with - we'll provide the support and guidanceyouwant.
This could include the following areas:
- drawing up
outcomes, indicators and activities
need and providing evidence of need and demand
similar provision and identifying gaps
with your project's beneficiaries
and evidencing consultation
local and national strategies
match funding or contributions in kind
strategic and innovative projects
working and consortium bids
for assessment interview
- A dedicated website, www.betterbids.org.uk offering regularly updated
information and guidance.
- A programme of training for applicants - our courses are
delivered across Wales and cover some key topics.